This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Consultant Psychiatrist to join a vibrant, dynamic and professional service. The Consultant will provide quality mental health assessment, care and treatment for patients with enduring mental illness. It is expected that the post holder will embrace New Ways of Working in their clinical practice and have a keen interest in the practice of repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS). This is a rewarding role for a self-employed psychiatrist and an opportunity to be part of the rollout of rTMS in the UK.
- Hold a MRCPsych or equivalent
- Part-time role available
- Based at our clinic in Gosforth
- Closing date for applications is 10th January 2019
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist along with, current full GMC registration with licence to practice and with no restrictions on practice and be on specialist register Section 12 Approval and English AC Status.
- Substantive consultants need to be on the GMC Specialist register for adult psychiatry, rehabilitation psychiatry or forensic psychiatry
- Experience in neuropsychiatry or working with neurological conditions is desirable
- In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
- Strong working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD) and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
- Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- The ability to respond quickly and flexibly to changing priorities with the ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
- Essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients
- Managing specialist mental health, behavioural and psychological needs of patients suffering mental disorder
- Assessing and treating new referrals
- Responding to the need for psychiatric input
- Taking part in clinical and interdisciplinary activities within the service
- Being familiar with and complying with the policies and procedures laid down in the policy manual
- Interfacing externally to develop and manage person-centred pathways with other commissioning and provider services
- Assess patients’ suitability for rTMS treatment
- Prescribe appropriate treatment protocols
- Evaluate and supervise the patient’s journey throughout their treatment by liaising closely with the Mental Health Nurse and our partners.
- Discharge the patient’s care in accordance with GMC and CQC guidelines
If you feel you have the relevant experience, mindset and values required to work at Newcastle Premier Health, simply register your details via our website (using the application form below):
Alternatively, you can email your CV directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.